When planning an event, thought should be given to the information included on the invitation.
Here is a little cheat sheet:
- What type of event is it?
- Who is doing the inviting?
- Who is being invited (only one person or also a spouse/companion, children)
- When is the event taking place: day, date, time
- Location where the event is taking place
- Note regarding clothing (if necessary)
- What time, for whom and how should you give notice of your participation? (RSVP)
- If necessary, also include additional information, for example, regarding parking, an after party, etc.